Sunday, September 15, 2013

And it just keeps getting crazier!

Well, I have finished my third week of classes and first FULL week of classes! (Holidays). I am exhausted! I have been attending student org meetings, going to class, homework, hanging with friends, prepping for EXPO, and most importantly, PLANNING when and how I can fit all of these things into my schedule.

First off, EXPO. I fixed up my snazzy resume, and waited over an hour for a counselor in the Engineering Career Assistance Center to read over it. I am thankful that I did though, he gave me very helpful advice, and I am much more confident in my résumé! My outfit for expo is almost ready, I have the shoes, blouse, and skirt, but I really need to figure out something to cover my shoulders. I COULD wear a cotton cardigan, but I kinda feel like I should buy a dress jacket.. The struggle! I have practiced my introduction and handshake on a few people, so all that is left is research which companies I want to talk to! I am also volunteering at EXPO as a corporate liaison, so I am excited for that!

Second, MY FIRST COLLEGE TEST! Next Thursday, I have a Chemistry exam from 7-9PM! I am all caught up on our assigned/graded assignments, and this weekend I will be doing the supplemental worksheets she just gave out. Then I will go to as many TA office hours as possible (of course I have to squeeze that in along with class, finding time for EXPO, and running for ASME freshman rep). Anyways, wish me luck!

Pix of BEVO for your viewing pleasure!

This past week, I have turned in my peer mentor application for Girl Advocates, got trained to be a Corporate Liaison at EXPO, unfortunately missed the ASME ice cream social, tried out the Kinsolving Dining Hall for the first time (J2 for lyfe though), went to the Texas/Ole Miss game, we lost :( had some yummy barbecue from ASME and more yummy Pita Pit and Fuzzy's Tacos!

 Sephra and I at the Ole Miss Game! It was her first ever UT Football game!!!

Saturday was game day, so after sleeping in, Sephra and I got all ready and spent the day tailgating and then going to the game. Sephra is the best football watcher ever, she doesn't know every little detail, but she gets into it, dances, hoots and holla's and is an overall good time!

Sunday, I woke up once again at 10:30am (so niceeee) and did my math homework and looked over my voice/speech class readings! I grabbed lunch with Eric and Andrew, then hung out in their dorm for like 5 hours doing a crap ton of homework. (Mainly prepping for my chemistry test). Amanda and Jimmy saved us from our deaths and we went out to dinner! The tower was a beautiful orange celebrating the 130th birthday of The University of Texas! I video chatted with Marissa, and now I am off to do laundry... yuck. Oh and more homework.. double yuck. That is all for now! Thanks as always for reading until the end!

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment