Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One Day More!

Wow! I can't believe I start school tomorrow! The past few days have been pure bliss, no responsibilities, hanging out with whoever whenever, and continuing decorating my dorm room! I keep hoping that I will be able to incorporate these fun times into my actual "attending classes life"! The past few days I have met people for coffee, walked across campus, then back to my dorm, then back across campus (all past midnight), Kerbey Lane at 1AM, student organization fairs, Start Fresh Fest, visiting others dorms, hanging with the mysterious Luis (valedictorian of my HS), hanging at the Laundry Mat, followed by breakfast way too early with band kids, an honors engineering meeting, a wing meeting, karaoke night at Jester West, visiting the Capitol, taking metro bus, seeing the gym, and printing college syllabi. And I didn't even tell you what I was doing when I wasn't doing those things. Trust me I could go crazy with the details but I won't! Just know, college is a blast, and I haven't even been here on my own for 2 days!
 
         Above: The "Luis"


It has also been craft week in the Katie World! Before I left home, I designed and hand painted TOMS for game days! I am kinda obsessed with them, sorry not sorry.


Sephra and I also created a bucket list board! It's got stuff like go to sporting events, swimming holes, eat at random places, and take pix by stuff! The not done stuff is on the top, and as we do the events with each other and friends, we will take pictures and move the sticky note from top to bottom! Sephra has quickly realized how obsessed I am with the words "#yoloswag" and "Holla Bless", so she incorporated them into the board, without me asking her to! She is awesome! Today I taught Sephra and Eric how to ride the Metro, so we rode it down to the Capitol and took one item off the bucket list!

















We are about to head out to an event called "Gone to Engineering" and "Gone to Texas" Basically it is a spirit rally for freshman before the start of classes! Tomorrow we have class, then a million other events the rest of the week, and finally game day! I know I will be busy, but will try to keep posting!

-Katie

1 comment: