Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer Livin'

Well I am sitting in my Physics Summer Class that I attend Monday-Thursday 4 hours a day. Whoo. Go school. But there are only 5 days left, so I am just trying to power through. So where did we leave off last... Oh right!

MITE! My Intro to Engineering Camp counseling! I had a great second week and it finished off with my mom driving up to Austin and suprising me with cake and presents! It was so nice of her to come up and spend 6 hours in the car to see me on my birthday! 


After she left, James took me out to Hula Hut, and we had a nice dinner out on the lake!


The Biffles also celebrated Abbi and I's birthday with a night out in the woodlands! 



About a month later (mainly I just hung out with friends), we went on family + Hall Vacation to Colorado! We had never visited Colorado in the summer, so it was cool seeing Colorado in the summer! We drove to Amarillo the first day and went to the AWESOME Palo Duro Canyon, and saw the "Texas Show".


Once we got to Colorado, we river rafted the Rio Grande (not so Grande 20 miles south of it's origin), we traveled on a train through Colorado and New Mexico, and we visited Pagosa Springs! 


On the way home, we stopped in Santa Fe, and we saw the "miracle stairs" that supposedly Joseph built, pretty cool! We walked around the city markets and just explored the cool city! And then as soon as it started, we were back home!


Ever since then I have been doing this super fun summer class, full of homework, too many stupid questions, way too long tangents by my professor, and tests with averages of a 65! Go team! 

It hasn't been all bad though, I do get 3-Day weekends and I have spent a lot of time hanging out with friends, working on a TON of Bluebonnet stuff, crafting stuff for the dorm, and cooking up/eating yummy food!


I also saw Rascal Flatts at the Day in the Country Music Festival with my Mom! I have wanted to see them since I was like 12!!! 


I am really looking forward to school to start, but I am still trying to enjoy every day of summer I can get!

-KD

No comments:

Post a Comment